Orca Bay is Quiltville Mystery quilt this year by Bonnie Hunter. Every year I have wanted to do her mystery quilt. So much that I follow each clue and check out what everyone else is doing.
However I can't make myself start one of her quilts for a couple of reasons:
1. I am a control freak
2. I need to know what the quilt is going to look like.
3. I need to plan color placement.
4. I have scraps but they are in tornado piles in storage bins in my room. HUH.
5. There are so many little pieces I get over whelmed just looking at the directions. I mean come on 223 quarter half triangles. Oh my goodness.
6. I talk myself out of it because I have so many other projects I should be doing.
7. Oh have I mentioned I am a control freak.
So I say every year I will just wait until the clues are all posted then decide if I like the pattern. Then once the hype is done and I can't find any more postings I quickly loose sight and do something else.
This year I just can't stop thinking about it... do it / don't do it / do it /don't do it. I think this year I love the Orca whale. I love black, whites and red. I have tons of fabric. I could even add the blue. Just too many decisions. They are already on clue 3 and I haven't even picked out fabric.
Hum should I wait?