It is a Big Deal


Well this is actually my first card I have not copied any image placement from. See since I only started stamping in January (yes I mean I am totally new at this stuff) I really didn't have that much guidance on how to do this. Yes I have a Stampin Demonstrator however I really haven't given her much of a chance to show me anything since I signed on under her. Anyway I have been so busy with my family and work that I really haven't worked on starting a business.

Anyway back to what I was getting at Denise (SD) told me about a web site Splitcoast stampers. I checked out the web site and found some great stuff. I ended up clicking on a lady there that had a blog and loved her blog. Yes I already told you about Laura aka Lu LUs corner well she has some great stuff you should check it out. Anyway she has opened this blog world up to me. You see she has links from her site to other bloggers and they have links to other bloggers, etc. Well now I have my own blog because I didn't want to feel left out of the blogging world. *wink* Now I see that I have been tagged. Well I see everyone has been tagged at least twice so I will have to say I am going to wait to start the tag game again. I will say I am honored to be tagged and I will give out the information in the next couple of days. I will also give out my favorite blogs I go to on a daily basis.

Well I now subscribe to.... well I don't know how many. A LOT! I acutally subscribe to this lovely lady's site you all know her I am sure Beate. Well I read her post last night about "It's a big deal" and YES it is a big deal. Her site has over 200,000 hits, wow!! She is giving a way some great things when you place a card on your blog from her the layout in the post. I looked at it and said I can do something..... well at least let me try so I can maybe win some ribbon and be honored to have one of her personal cards. So I sat down and stared at the craft table..... ..... then I said ok I am going to use a stamp set I have not touched yet. I love this little crab so I decided to use the Crab and company set from Stampin up. Ok so next I said what colors. I am not good with colors at all so I said ok I am going to pick a 2 colors I haven't touched yet so that was Ballet Blue and Creamy Caramel. I just bought some water color paper from Hobby Lobby that I drove 45 miles to get. (I will tell that story later.) I used the blender pens and water colored everything you see. Well don't you just love the HOT PINK. I am joking I could not believe that was the color I got using pixie pink. I tried to make up for it with the HOT PINK shell. I think is came out good for my first attempt at doing a layout with no pictures. lol

Anyway here is my card Beate! Please pick me I am addicted to May Arts Ribbon.

Oh by the way if you are addicted to ribbon check out Jody's site. She has it worst than me... right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, Great card. You wouldn't know that you just started stamping looking at this card. Thanks for participating. I just picked a winner, and I am sorry to say it was Entry #68, not you.